1. All contracts dealing with the Club must be approved by the Board and the membership. (3/99)
2. When a new Treasurer is elected, an outside auditor shall render an accounting of the books.
3. A custodian of Club property shall be appointed to make an annual report of inventory and its location.
4. The treasurer will serve as agent with the State of Tennessee
5. No Certificates of Deposit will be cashed without the approval of the members of the Club.
6. All bills (with receipts) for monies owed to members must be presented to the Treasurer within 45 days or they will not be reimbursed.
7. Specialty Clubs seeking permission to hold a Specialty show on the night before our show or a supported entry on the same day as our show, shall submit a request in writing to the Corresponding Secretary. The Board will then meet with their representatives so that arrangements may be made.
8. Those dues paid by prospective members in the month of October will constitute dues for the coming year.
9. The membership chair shall write a letter of welcome to all new members and include copies of Club Constitution and By-Laws, the Code of Ethics, the Standing Rules and a current membership list.
10. The Corresponding Secretary is responsible for sending a get well card to any member who is hospitalized. Upon the death of a member, a $50.00 donation will be sent to the charity of the deceased member's choice. Deaths in the immediate family of members will be acknowledged by the Corresponding Secretary, who will mail a sympathy card to the survivors. (2/2016)
11. The Club will hire at a reasonable rate an auditor to audit the books at the end of each year and to file the CKC’s State and Federal tax returns.
12. Copies of our contracts with the Show Superintendent or any organization whose property we use to hold our shows must be given to the Treasurer and made part of our permanent records.
13. CKC awards will be given in December at the Christmas party.
14. The President of the Chattanooga Kennel Club has the authority to sign contracts for the Club after they have been presented to the Board and have been approved by the membership.
15. Each speaker is allowed five minutes unless he is on the agenda.
16. Board members, officers or committee members who miss three consecutive committee meetings will be asked to resign by the President. (4/99)
17. Each April, the Treasurer, who serves as the Club’s agent, shall send the Chattanooga Kennel Club’s Annual Report to the State of Tennessee. This report shall be sent to: Secretary of State, Corporate Section, James K Polk Building, Suite 1800, Nashville, TN 37219; 615-741-3386
18. CKC award plaques will be given to members for all AKC recognized champions. This includes, but is not limited to, conformation, performance and field champions.
19. Members who sign up for goods, services or functions paid for with Club monies will be responsible for reimbursing the Club for expenses should they fail to attend. A member will not be charged if he notifies the Club that he will not attend in time to cancel his reservation. (1/96)
20. Any check to a member must be approved by the Board prior to payment. (4/97)
21. The Treasurer shall have the authority to make decisions regarding new expenditures of up to $50. The Board shall have the authority to make decisions of expenditures of up to $500. The membership shall approve expenditures exceeding $500. (4/99)
22. In the absence of the Recording Secretary, the Bulletin Secretary shall take the minutes. The Corresponding Secretary is next in line. If all three are absent, the President will assign those duties. (4/99)
23. CKC books (check book) and all contracts shall be made available upon request to any member by the next general meeting. (4/99)
24. The annual dues for membership shall be as follows:
Single membership, $20.00;
Household membership, $25.00;
Junior membership, $5.00. (1/14)
25. When a non-profit group comes before the Board and/or the membership soliciting a donation, a letter stating the amount of donation requested and the purpose for which it will be used must be received prior to any disbursement of funds. It is suggested that discussion of the request take place at the meeting, which it is first presented with the final vote to take place at the following month’s meeting. (8/04)
26. The Judges Select Committee shall consist of three (3) persons appointed by the Board, to serve for a term of two years. This committee will be responsible for the selecting and hiring of the Judges. (2/08)
27. Judges Coordinator position to be created to arrange Hotel, transportation, and hospitality for Judges. (2-2008)
28. Specialty and Supported Liaison position created. (2-2008)
29. No member may be appointed to Chair a Committee until he or she has been a member in good standing for one (1) year and has attended a minimum of five (5) regular meetings during the preceding Club year. 4/2008